Computing and Digital Literacy Skills
A completely structured, 6-year spiral curriculum for primary students to understand algorithms, create programs, use technology to create digital content, learn networks and use the Internet safely and responsibly.
Computer Science Skills
- Design algorithms to solve problems
- Write code to create programs
- Understand networks
- Use control software
IT and ICT Skills
- Create digital content
- Use and combine various software
- Evaluate and present information
Digital Literacy Skills
- Understand communication and collaboration media
- Search effectively
- Use the internet safely and respectfully.
UK National Computing Curriculum
Key Stage 1
- Understand algorithms.
- Create and debug programs.
- Use logical reasoning.
- Use technology purposefully and safely.
- Recognise common uses of IT.
Key Stage 2
- Design, write and debug programs.
- Use sequence, selection and repetition; variables and I/O.
- Understand computer networks and the internet.
- Use search technologies effectively.
- Select, use and combine a variety of software.
- Use technology safely.
US – ISTE Standards For Students1
- Empowered Learner
- Digital Citizen
- Knowledge Constructor
- Innovative Designer
- Computational Thinker
- Creative Communicator
- Global Collaborator
12016 ISTE Standards for Students, ©2016, ISTE® (International Society for Technology in Education), iste.org. All rights reserved.Learn More
Cambridge Primary – Cambridge ICT Starters
- Stage 1: Text | Images | Graphs
- Stage 2: Control | Searches | Email
- Stage 1: Documents | Spreadsheets | Databases
- Stage 2: Control | Internet | Email | Multimedia
- Stage 1: Documents | Multimedia | Spreadsheets | Databases
- Stage 2: Control | Website Design | Networks | Video/Animation